ID: 11762
Updated by: danbeck
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Operating system:
PHP Version: 4.0.5
Assigned To:
Comments:

I believe that the PDF and CHM version of the module always lag behind due to the
amount of work it takes to package them up.  If you are ever in doubt, please check
the online html manual first.  You can visit it directly at: http://php.net/manual/

thx for replying, thx
btw, in http://www.php.net/docs.php
doucument list
file size? may not need if file is small enough
file size for compare and decide whether to download ?
why not show an document last update date?
or document version will be better :P
just suggestion, may not post as a reply here

Not necessarily. Latest should always be the online manual.
And the VERY latest is in CVS. :)

I think i've downloaded the lastest version of chm file.
I do also download it again.
isn't the CHM version of document the newest document ?

You must be looking into old manual or something since
the example I see on the getdate() manual page has perfect,
working example in it.

PHP manual
getdate
(PHP 3, PHP 4 )

getdate -- Get date/time information
Description

array getdate ([int timestamp])

Example 1. getdate() example

$today = getdate();
$month = $today[month];
$mday = $today[mday];
$year = $today[year];
echo "$month $mday, $year";

---
-> $mday = $today[mday];
warnning: Use of undefined constant mday - assumed 'mday'
although a undefined constant will be assumed as a string, it's still a bad usage of
this auto conversion.

php manual writers shouldn't make a bad guide for php learners

thx

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=11762&edit=2