> Then it is incompatible with the parser.  Unless you mean slightly
> different tokens in HTML blocks, which is obviously a negligible
> performance-related implementation detail.

    Nah, there are a couple of other things which it does
    differently where the parser apparently accepts multiple
    representations of a certain item.

    Beside from that, I still maintain the point that the current
    Zend Code is too directly tied to the scanner implementation
    and that it makes sense to provide a single constant API to
    the lexer.  It certainly would facilitate further work in
    this area.

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg