Hello,

"Tomas V.V.Cox" wrote:

> > > affectedRows() works only with UPDATES/INSERT/DELETE queries.
> > >
> > > $db->query('delete * from users');
> > > echo "I have deleted " . $db->affectedRows() . " users";

> > > It's implemented in all backends.
> >
> > Ermm... Interbase API does not seem to provide a way for determine the
> > number of affected rows,
>
> Someone sent time ago a patch for supporting affected row in Ibase:
> http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Web/5/75/4454246/
> http://www.phpbuilder.com/mail/php-db/2000101/0275.php
>
> So my though is that probably is supported by the API but not yet by
> PHP.

Ok, but it is fair to say that it is not supported in all PEAR-DB
backends even if it is just a limitation of PHP Interbase API.

Maybe sometime later somebody adds a ibase_affected_rows() function, but
PHP scripts can't assume that the function exists because the PHP
version that is installed may not have such function yet.

I suggest that somebody apply that patch and PHP scripts that use
function_exists() function to figure if PHP Interbase API can figure the
number of affected rows.

Manuel Lemos