On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Zeev Suraski wrote:

> So, to summarize:
>
> - Output compression should probably check that the content type is text/*,
> and not perform compression otherwise

I think I'd prefer to leave control of this in user-land, because this _is_
supported under HTTP/1.1, and write some additional documentation for the
manual explaining our experiences to people who are interested in output
compression..unless this is a far easier thing to implement than what I was
suggesting (not sending the Content-Encoding header until the buffer is
flushed, either explicitly or implicitly at exit)

> - We can look into sending the content length header from the output
> compression callback
>
> Can anybody think of good reasons not to send the content-length header in
> case we're performing output buffering?

Nope.

John

--

John Donagher
Application Engineer, Intacct Corp.

Public key available off http://www.keyserver.net
Key fingerprint = 4024 DF50 56EE 19A3 258A  D628 22DE AD56 EEBE 8DDD