In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Joey
Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Christian:
>   The only change that I am aware of is the removal of half of the
> aliases that domxml used to use. For example, previous versions had both
> $node->tagname and $node->tag_name, which both returned the same
> structure. I have removed all of the former in favor of the latter, to
> hold to PHP conventions. Given the chance to think about it, you're
> right, there should have been some mention in NEWS about the work going
> on in domxml, but as it has been more or less completely broken for 2
> point releases, I wasn't concerned at the time.
>
>   What is the "old" API that you are referring to (ie, what PHP
> version)?

the 2 changes i'm aware of (between 4.0.6 and 4.0.7):

1)

$xml->root() in 4.0.6 returns:

DomNode Object
(
    [node] => Resource id #3
    [type] => 1
    [name] => ibaconfig
    [content] =>
)

but in 4.0.7

DomElement Object
(
    [type] => 1
    [tagname] => ibaconfig
    [0] => 3
    [1] => 136185560
)

especially the difference between in name and tagname is annoying.

->[content] is also missing in .7, so i have to do a $root->children(),
where i can find the content of a DomElement-Object, but the structure of
the returned array/classes is also different and not complete (why is
there no type-attribute in a DomText Node?)

I assume, these changes are done to comply with some standards/"common
writing of doms", so I see the intention behind that, but it should be
noted somewhere (and the manual be updated).

The changes between 4.0.6 and .7 are this big, 'cause the domxml
version from an older version (4.0.4?) was included in the release and not
the one in the cvs since 4.0.5-dev (or around that...). it was rolled
back in 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 , 'cause of the "drastic" api-changes...

chregu