Code doesn't grow old.  There's really no reason not to release 4.1.0, and
start the 4.2.0 releasing immediately afterwards.
Mixing the fact we're stressed to put out a released (due to the
$_GET&friends feature) and the fact that we have several big changes in key
features (sessions, file uploads) is a 'clear and present danger', in my
opinion.  We should be able to take our time with it, if necessary.

Zeev