> > But should it return:
> >
> > $str = array(
> >                 string => "James"
> >                 string => "Zeev"
> >                 string => ""
> >                 string => "Andrei"
> > )
> Enduser point of view ;). IMO Should return en empty string (it is an
empty string) or NULL, but false has nothing to do with a string, btw, in
4.0.6 (the actual production version) it return an empty string (on my
system). Backward compatibility issue is a must.

A quick test on Solaris, Windows and Linux shows that returning what it now
returns is inline with the C behaviour, if we want the IMHO more logical
behaviour we shouldn't call it by its C name but somthing like
string_tokenize().

- James