Manuel Lemos wrote:

> I have complete RTF parser and writer code written in C that I am
> willing to donate if anybody is willing to turn it into a PHP module.

It's time we generate a platform somewhere.

> BTW, if you just give a RTF document module the .doc extension, Word
> will still be able to figure that it is a RTF file and reads it like
> that. This means that you can generate easily ".DOC" files under
> non-Windows OSes! :-)

And more important: anybody can read them and you're not required to get
the latest M$Word version or viewer, if the file was created using a
more recent version of M$word as you have, 'cause RTF is generally
portable across M$word-versions.

And if you pass the right http-header you can instruct windows/your
browser to automagicaly open your favorite (or not) editor to open the
document right from the web.

Been there, done that. Works with other office-products (excel and CVS)
too, more or less (i.e. if you know which regionalized version is being
used.)

But that's all beside the point.