On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Sander Roobol wrote:

> I created two scripts.
>
> <?php set_time_limit(1); ?>
>
> <?php
> for($i=0; $i<1000000; $i++) {
>   base64_encode(md5($i));
> }
> ?>
>
> Reproducing this bug on Linux is hard. On Windows, it's very easy. On Linux,
> you should repeatedly load both the first and the second script.

Reproducing under Linux was very easy for me, I just set the following
things in httpd.conf:

MinSpareServers 1
MaxSpareServers 1
StartServers 1

And voila, reproduced. SO this is a real problem, and need to be addressed
before release.

I used the CVS of last night, following configure line:

./configure \
--with-apache=/dat/dev/php/$APACHE_DIR \
--with-gd \
--with-ttf --with-mysql --with-pdflib=/usr/local \
--enable-pdflib --with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd \
--enable-track-vars --enable-magiq-quotes --enable-memory-limit \
--enable-ftp --with-srm=/opt/srm --with-mcrypt \
--with-ctype --with-gmp --with-ldap \
--with-ncurses \
--enable-shmop --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem \
--enable-sysvshm --enable-wddx --with-zlib

(and yes, I know that magic-quotes does not work :)

regards,

Derick