ID: 14015
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Compile Failure
Operating System: UNIXWARE 7
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

All that I do, i do as root. I try to install "php" with params
- ./configure --with-apache
after
- make
- make install (and there i see error)

After this I manyally copy file ".lib/libphp4.a" into Apache intall directory and type
this command:

- cd apache
- ./configure --prefix=/usr/apache --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
- make
- install
Correct httpd.conf, and .... all wokrs!!!

But why PHP install on Unixware 7 so bad with params?

Are you running 'make install' as root?
Or if not, does the user you run it as have permissions
to write to those dirs?

--Jani

Of course, I follow the installation instructions. I type this commands:
$ gunzip -c apache_1.3.22.tar.gz | tar xf -
$ cd apache_1.3.22
$ ./configure
$ cd ..

$ gunzip -c php-4.0.6.tar.gz | tar xf -
$ cd php-4.0.6
$ ./configure --without-mysql --with-apache=/home/pc/apache_1.3.22 --enable-track-vars
$ make
$ make install
.... *** Error .....

Why without any params PHP compile normaly?
$ cd php-4.0.6
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install
... done ....

[...]

Did you follow the installation instructions given in
the INSTALL file ? Found under QUICK INSTALL (static)

--Jani

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14015

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14015&edit=1