ID: 14295
Updated by: zak
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Variables related
Operating System: Win2k
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Cannot reproduce under PHP 4.1.0 w/ Linux

Please try the code below. Save the files under the names
indicated in the comments and try running test.php:

# test.php
<?php include 'test.inc'; echo "Main File: $PHP_SELF" ?>

# test.inc
<?php echo "Included File: $PHP_SELF" ?>

EXAMPLE:
// Main script

// The global variables are available in this script

include("form.inc.php");

// End main script
----
// File: form.inc.php

// The global variables from the main script are not available here

<form action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF; ?>" method="post">
  [form]
</form>
// End file: form.inc.php

Please include short example scripts here.

The following bug or feature (not yet sure what it is ;)) is related to the scope of
global variables.

SYSTEM:
I use PHP 4.0.6 on Win2k pro as i downloaded it from this web site.
The loading of extra modules does not change the described behaviour.
The Server API is Apache (Apache V. 1.3.22 win)

PHP.INI:
register_globals and register_argc_argv is ON

I have the global variable $PHP_SELF.
Now i include a file where I want to use $PHP_SELF.
Within the included file, $PHP_SELF is unknown (it has lost it's global state), and i
have to declare it global again.
This appears for any other global variables too, $PHP_SELF is just an example-
This behaviour seems to be new to PHP 4.0.6, because i didn't have the problem with
4.0.5.