Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Operating System: irrelevant
PHP Version: 4.1.0
Assigned To: hholzgra
New Comment:

Look at the two functions at http://zend.com/phpfunc/p.php. Both functions have valid
links to the online manual.

ok, i'm not able to read (or write the url for) my own pages :(

but the function *is* there and is something similar, but not  identical, to parse_url

see

http://zugeschaut-und-mitgebaut.de/php/function.parse_str.html

and

http://zugeschaut-und-mitgebaut.de/php/function.parse_url.html

there is documentation for it in the manual source (and has been for ages), its in
en/functions/string.xml, right between functions ord() and print(), but for some
strange reason it does not show up in the online manual

right now i'm rebuilding a html manual from scratch on my local machine to further
investigate this ...

Both functions are documented, parse_str() and parse_url().

It's not in the manual. It's called parse_url. SO not a bug in the first place :)

This function is documented in the PHP Manual. You can verify this if you use your
function tables at zend.com. It seems that the links at
http://www.zugeschaut-und-mitgebaut.de/php/ are broken.

you are right, it is undocumented yet ...

http://zugeschaut-und-mittgebaut.de/php/function.parse_str.html

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14339

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14339&edit=1