ID: 14559
Updated by: derick
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Dynamic loading
Operating System: solaris 7
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

1. Did you try without enabling --enable-libgcc ?
2. Can you compile PHP as a static apache module (and thus recompilit it into apache).

3. Wanted to add that I have no problems with gcc 2.95.1 on Solaris and a static
apache module.

Derick

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
i email adress is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
i misspelled my adress
sorry
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
thanks
Markus Decke

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
i email adress is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
i misspelled my adress
sorry
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
thanks
Markus Decke

Hi

in the documentation, about how apache was compiled,
my co-worker wrote that apache is compiled with
gcc 3

i tested it with gcc -v
and the answer was: gcc version 3

i'am assuming that both,
 php and apache have been compiled with gcc 3

My guess is that apache is compiled without gcc 3, and the php apache moduel with gcc
3. That's is not going to work. Either rebuild httpd with gcc, or build the php apache
module with gcc 2.95.1 for example.

Please report back if this fixes the issue.

Derick

Hi php.net Team,

i couldn't load the libphp4.so into the server.

machine: sun/sparc
os     : solaris 7
apache : 1.3.20

i installed gcc,binutils,make ... etc. according to the installation-guide on php.net

my installation is following:

  - ./configure --with-apxs=/us/local/apache/apxs
                --with-oci8=/<path>/oracle
                --enable-libgcc
  - make
  - make install

  - edited the httpd.conf according to the installation-guide on php.net

  - cp php.ini-dist /usr/local/php.ini

then i tried to test the configuration

  - apachectl configtest

the result was:

  error on line 241
  cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into
server:ld.so.1:usr/local/apache/httpd:fatal:libgcc_s.so.1:open failed: no such file or
directory

i looked of course into the directories
  - libphp4.so is in /usr/local/apache/libexec
and
  - libgcc_s.so.1 is in /usr/local/lib

i added --enable-libgcc in the configure-line because i read it in a bug-report, i
thought it could fix something.

thanks in advance
yours
Markus Decke