Markus Fischer wrote:

>     Actually, a good idea to keep BC. Its now just a matter if
>     its really worth to keep BC for exit.

I agree with Markus.

However, since there are people who want strong compatibility.
I think we can wait exit() to return status code, a litle more.

As I posted already, it would be good idea to notify users for BC
changes expected a few version later. Since die() is the same
as exit(),  transition would be very easy. There are many BC
issues version to version anyway. It's called bug :)

Nobody should complain about BC changes if changes are notified
early enough and there is alternative way to do the same thing.
IMHO. (This has been done for some features such as track vars ;)

I suppose we can change exit() for 4.3.0, or even for
4.2.0, since we have different branch for 4.1.x and 4.2.0.
There will be 4.1.1 and/or even 4.1.2, 4.1.3. 4.2.0 may
not be released any time soon. :)

--
Yasuo Ohgaki