ID: 8142
Updated by: lobbin
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: InterBase related
Operating System: Linux 2.2.17
PHP Version: 4.0.3pl1
New Comment:

Do you still experience this problem on PHP 4.1.1?

If I exit() or die() from within a method, a begun transaction is
automatically COMMITTED(!) and I get wierd errors in the http error
log.

<?
    class InterBaseFailure {

    var $dbh;
    var $trh;

    function InterBaseFailure() {
        $this->dbh = ibase_pconnect( "ibase/outerdb.gdb", "web", "pass"
);
        $this->trh = ibase_trans( IBASE_DEFAULT, $this->dbh );
    }

    function Save( $num ) {
        ibase_query( $this->trh,  "insert into dummy values ($num)" );

        // now, if we exit() from here either directly or indirectly
        // there's a mess with the transaction handles. I get:
        // a) an error in the httpd log
        //    "x is not a valid InterBase link resource
        // b) A COMMITTED CHANGE!!!!!
        exit();
    }
    }