From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: darwin
PHP version:      4.1.1
PHP Bug Type:     Compile Failure
Bug description:  4.1.1 fails on OS X 10.1.2

This appears to be a libtool issue...

4.0.6 compliles without issue on OS X 10.1.2, after making
small changes to the ltconfig file.

In 4.1.1 there is no ltconfig file, and any attempts to
complile fail with the following error:

ld: -undefined error must be used when -twolevel_namespace
is in effect
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed

This occurred even after setting the following:
setenv LDFLAGS -flat_namespace

I can get 4.1.1 to compile if I first run configure in the
4.0.6 tree and copy the created libtool file to the 4.1.1
tree and then run make.

Thanks for your attention; I found no mention of this error
in the bug database.
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=15225&edit=1