From: "Peter Petermann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Keyser Soze" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Robin Ericsson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "PHP-DEV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] New Module

> it's much easier to detect a modification of a script instead of just a
"cat
> dbconf.php".
no need to modify a script.
if a hacker has access to your webserver,
in most cases he will be able to access your db server too.
if not, in case of your extension
it shouldnt be hard for him
creating a small script for looking up the data
in your tempfolder,
gaining the data,
and deleting it

this is from point of detection the same class as doing a cat dbconf.php
the Point is: your extension is not changing security.

btw: why you want to put it under GPL?
most extensions have PHP License,
that could conflict.

regards,