I think their work is a good step that PHP needed for a while.  I also
think it's an ongoing project, and not a one-time pass.

Looking at the patch, the vast majority of changes made don't actually fix
bugs, but rather, implement the same code using 'defensive'
techniques.  E.g., use strlcpy() instead of strcpy(), even when strcpy() is
safe;  Or, use sizeof(foo) instead of a hardcoded number as an argument to
snprintf(), in case the size of foo changes in the future.

The only comment I have (after this short glance) is that I'd rather see
sizeof(foo) instead of 'sizeof foo' (we don't need yet another style in our
code base :), but otherwise, I think most of the patches should make it
into the main tree.

Zeev