At 15:32 24.03.2002, Markus Fischer wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 03:04:18PM +0100, Marcus Börger wrote :
> > I do not think it is a good idea to have many 'special ways' in cLI.
> > Such as always registering argc/argv we have already. For me
> > i would more likly have a special section in php.ini to set all this.
>
>     You don't seem to undertand. CLI _is_ special. It lives in
>     another environment then the apache/cgi SAPI does.

Of cause i do - but i would like it to use most of the environment
we have. In special it uses the php.ini so why not give it a special
section to make it clear where the differences are.

>     How come you think treating the CLI version the same is a
>     good idea when they in fact have to work under very different
>     environments/conditions ?

Using a special section for CLI would allow providing such different
conditions.

>     Would you EVER expect a bash/perl/awk/sed/python/nameit
>     script by >default< only run a certain amount of time, namely
>     it's maximum execution time ? Certainly not.

No i don't but is a feature we have so why not disable it by default
ini entry instead of implementing a work around?