--- Dan Hardiker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ken, Mike - does it *really* matter who uses what technology to get
> the job
> done? Isn't it much more important what the resulting code is
> capable of
> doing and in what manner?

Agreed.

PHP alone can do nearly all the things that Microsoft products can
do.  For example at work I use ASP, ADO, XML, and XSLT as my primary
tools.  I accomplish the exact same thing with my own projects with
PHP, PHPLIB, domxml, and Smarty.  I don't need the extensive
libraries of Java or .NET.  However, if I need to use them I can with
the java and dotnet extensions for PHP.

Brent