For our systems, a windows machine (license fees, seats etc) costs in the
region of 10,000 in total. A FreeBSD machine running the same style of
software costs only 2,000 (and thats on the outer limit). What sensible
business throws away 8,000?

For your information, if your serious about delivering PHP over the web
reliably your looking at FreeBSD with Apache. If you know what your doing
you can secure it well enough.

In the past 12 months I have had 3 problems with FreeBSD where I have had
to patch it - with windows I have to update our Win2k server monthly and
even then there are times when I have to intervien within days of patching
it.

If your business is willing to throw away money then all be it - but here
in the UK at First Creative we believe in giving the money to R&D rather
than waste it on a bloated peice of software which cant handle anywhere
near the load its UNIX based counter part can.

--
Dan Hardiker [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
ADAM Software & Systems Engineer