There's only one thing it's missing -- the equivalent of
socket_get_status(), which is not part of the extension, despite the name.
If I set my socket to nonblocking, the only way to tell if it has died is
to try to write to it, which isn't always a desirable thing to do :)

Unless there's another way that I just don't understand.