On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 22:43, Jason Greene wrote:
> In the case of a socket you are selecting on has errored, the socket
> will show up as readable. You then can perform a socket_read/recv, and
> you should receive NULL (errored socket), then you can call
> socket_last_error to receive the errno.

Unless I'm just a really bad coder and have no idea what I'm doing, this
won't help.  I tried using socket_last_error, but it returns the same
error code whether the socket has no data waiting (remember this is a
non-blocking socket) or if the socket has died.  I can only tell if it
is dead by writing to the socket.

What I'd like to do is just find out if the socket is still alive.