--- Christian Stocker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 May 2002, brad lafountain wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> >  I have a patch for DomXML that does 2 things. It allows you to use new and
> > constructors to create dom elements.
> >
> >  Ex.
> >
> > $doc = new DomDocument("some.file", true);
> > $ele = new DocElement("name");
> > $doc->append_child($ele);
>
> as i said before, this is not according to the DOM-Standard, so i would
> rather prefer not to include this kind of behaviour, but i'd like to hear
> other opinions about that....

 You are acually goign to argue that it isn't a dom-standard, so you don't want
it put in? There are a bunch of document non dom-standart functions. I don't
see how this is any different.

Does the dom-standard doesn't say that you need a separte xmldoc() and not a
new DomDocument, does it?.

I would rather see this
$doc = new DomDocument("some.file", true);

than this
$doc = xmldoc("somefile.file", true);

Thats just my prefrence.

> > and it also PHPAPI exports one function that can be used in other places
> (my
> > extension).
>
> don't know exactly, what you mean with that. Can you give an example and
> more important the source code to that :)

 All this change is

static zval *php_domobject_new(xmlNodePtr obj, int *found TSRMLS_DC);
PHPAPI zval *php_domobject_new(xmlNodePtr obj, int *found TSRMLS_DC);

 Then declaring
PHPAPI zval *php_domobject_new(xmlNodePtr obj, int *found TSRMLS_DC);
 in php_domxml.h

I think thats the only change i need to be able to create domxml objects in my
extension.

> >  Is it a possiblity to get this change in this release.
>
> mmh. that's more or less to late now...

 Man... When is the next planned release?

What if just get in the PHPAPI export and try and convince you all about the
new Dom* later?

 - Brad