brad lafountain wrote:

> Well i do believe that the zval string SHOULD be null termiated and have the
> length stored.

You would think so, but on further thought, if that were the case you
wouldn't be able to store compressed data from gzip in a string because
the null bytes everywhere would interfere. Also, as I said, ZVAL_STRING
suggests that this is so... since when you use it to set a zval container
to a string it saves the length as strlen( passedString ), rather
than strlen( passedString ) + 1, also the memcpy then uses this length
to copy the string if you set the copy flag to true.

Cheers,
Rob.

--
| Robert Cummings |