At 02:23 PM 6/1/2002, Christian Stocker wrote:
> > If not - I see no problem in always using the bundled library,
> > regardless of what's already installed - on the contrary, I see a fairly
> > big advantage.
>
>I see really no advantage in this approach (more memory needed for
>example, maybe symbol clashes and all other reasons from sync-hell i
>mentioned in my previous mails )

I think that the MySQL example is a perfect illustration of why it works,
and works well.  Sure, there were the few who experienced problems because
they also had mod_perl or mod_auth_mysql, but then there was the vast
majority, for whom it just plain worked, and worked well.  The advantage
here is the same advantage there - it would work out of the box, without
any hassle.  The consumes-more-memory issue is really a non-issue, given
the memory models we're dealing with;  The symbol-clashes issue should be
checked, we may be able to fix it through versioning; and I see this is as
the perfect solution to the synchronization hell, rather than something
that makes it worse.

Zeev