Marko Karppinen wrote:
> It seems to me that PHP is increasingly being modeled for a largely
> imaginary audience of purists. I say imaginary because I just can't
> see how droves of purists would've become involved with PHP in the
> first place.

  I don't want to see changes (like those you mention later in your
  posting) in PHP to attract new users, but more to bind people that
  already use PHP, but are about to "outgrow" it.

  If you (and others) want PHP to stay at the "BASIC for the Web" level
  forever - fine, but spell it out clearly. Otherwise people who are
  waiting for PHP to evolve beyond that will become more and more
  frustrated.

--
  Sebastian Bergmann
  http://sebastian-bergmann.de/                 http://phpOpenTracker.de/