>     There's a great difference here, apache2filter misses many of
>     the functions provided by the apache sapi. The question is,
>     is someone working on adding them or are they silently
>     dropped?
>
>     I'm asking for two reasons: consistency and documentation.

apache2filter is a long way from production status. A previous thread stated
it's some 6 months away from real beta quality due to the lack of time from
developers familiar with the apache 2 API. I plan on doing some work on this
myself but that only means that I'll get to dig into the code in a couple of
weeks or so.