At 16:30 21.06.2002, Brian France wrote:
>My goal is NOT TO REMOVE mbstring FROM THE ext DIRECTORY.  Here is what I
>do want:

Think we understood that from your first mail!

What i wanted to stree out is that exif uses functions from mbstring if
present.
That means if mbstring is not present it does not use these and the user
has to do that stuff for his own.
If mbstring is compiled as a shared extension both exif and mbstring will
work together perfectly but
exif cannot use mbstring even though it is present and that might/WILL be
confusing to users.

Hope this clears my first mail

marcus