Hello,

If PHP 4.2.2 is going to be released, then I have some suggestions:

I believe that the following changes to HEAD should be MFH'ed:

http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php4/ext/gmp/config.m4?r1=1.6&r2=1.7
http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php4/ext/standard/link.c?r1=1.37&r2=1.38
http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php4/ext/standard/math.c?sbt=2&r1=1.83&r2=1.85
http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php4/ext/mcrypt/mcrypt.c?r1=1.75&r2=1.76
http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php4/ext/standard/basic_functions.c?r1=1.478&r2=1.479
http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php4/ext/standard/string.c?r1=1.274&r2=1.275
http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php4/ext/standard/versioning.c?sbt=2&r1=1.8&r2=1.9

I also _seems_ that the May 17 changes in HEAD's sysvsem extension should
be MFH'ed.

I need the following patch for the mcal extension to build properly as a
shared module on my Linuxes:

http://rpms.arvin.dk/php/source/patches/php-4.2.1-mcal-shared.patch

It reverts a change made by sniper on April 3. Without the patch, then the
main PHP binary links to libmcal.so.0, but the PHP extension (mcal.so)
doesn't.

If I don't use the following patch, then the pcre extension will not build
with the system pcre library:

http://rpms.arvin.dk/php/source/patches/php-4.2.1-pcre.h.patch

The correct fix would probably be to add checks in pcre's config.m4 (see
if pcre.h is in /usr/local/include/pcre, /usr/local/include,
/usr/include/pcre, or /usr/include).

If I don't use the following patch, then "make install" will fail to
respect a "prefix=xxxx" argument when doing "make install":
http://rpms.arvin.dk/php/source/patches/php-4.2.1-regression-tools.patch

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark