Hello Derick,

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:48:56 +0200, derick wrote:
> I merged all suggested patches to the branch, and applied most of your
> patches
Thanks! - That will make my RPM-building process a bit easier.

> except for the pcre thing, as I don't know how this is supposed to work.
I'll try creating a proper patch for pcre's config.m4; hopefully in the
PHP 4.2.2 time frame.

> Thank you for submitting this, and if you may find anything else, feel
> free to write this list.
Actually, I have one more suggestion. See this patch:
http://rpms.arvin.dk/php/source/patches/php-4.2-info.c.patch

It clears up some potential misunderstandings in phpinfo()'s output.

Example:
phpinfo()'s "Apache Version" output prints the apache version present at
build-time. If PHP is built on a system with Apache 1.3.26, and then
installed on a system with an Apach 1.3.20, then phpinfo() will currently
write:
Apache Version: 1.3.26.

This is confusing, at best. And it could make some not-so-experienced
system administrators think that their Apache doesn't have the nasty
chunked encoding bug while, in fact, it has.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark