Hi,

> Because we have no 4.2 release manager with Derick going away.  And 4.3
> fixes a whole slew of 4.2 bugs

And brings 150 new...

> some of which are not easily backportable to the 4.2 codebase because of
> the large amount of time between the branches.

Yes. That may be. But there are a lot of bugfixes in the latest
STABLE-snapshot I tested (26/07/02) - or exactly: All bugs I experienced
were fixed. So the easiest thing would be to cancel all new features that
were planned for 4.2.3 and move them to 4.3.0 and apply all patches that
have been fixed in the last STABLE-snapshot and do a quick release process
(no new features, no or at least few new problems).

Regards,
   Sebastian Nohn
--
+49 170 471 8105 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.nohn.net/
PGP Key Available - Did I help you? Consider a gift: