On 08/11/02, "Rasmus Lerdorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For readdir, I think we might need to implement a very simple
> > DAV client?  Opinions please!
>
> Yeah, you simply send a PROPFIND request and parse the resulting XML
> reply. But I am not convinced this is all that useful. DAV really hasn't
> made too many inroads, so for most users this won't work.

I thought that Apache 2 would result in a more widespread usage of
DAV (I'm not sure why I think that - something to do with subversion,
IIRC)?

I suppose we can leave out DAV from the HTTP wrapper; frameworks like
PEAR can always implement a DAV protocol wrapper using script anyway,
and it'll probably easier to implement an XML parser in script too.

--Wez.