> Hi Sterling,
>
> I've just commited my curl based wrapper.
> It's currently read-only (due to a temporary limitation in curl),
> and might not work properly for include/require statements (or
> passing streams to third-party libraries) on systems without
> fopencookie. Also, due to another bug in curl, redirects are not
> followed either.
>
> Because it's not yet a 100% compatible replacement for our own
> wrappers, you have to configure --with-curlwrappers to turn this code
> on.
>
> Hopefully this is enough to get things moving for bundling and
> integrating curl, although I'm not sure that we should enable this by
> default for 4.3 (it depends on how quickly curl can stabilize the
> "push" functionality we require for writing to curl streams).

yeah.. I'm not quite sure about that either, it also depends how far off 4.3
is :)  No offense to your coding skills (I'm quite surprised at how fast you
were able to get this off the ground, actually :), but imho, it should also
be tested a bit, before PHP 4.3...

> If you have some time to play with it, I would be grateful if you could
> test it with other protocols (such as ftp and ldap) that I'm unable to
> test due to lack of time or lack of a test server.

I will try, my only problem is that i have no cvs access during the week
(I'll go with snapshots), as I'm behind a *really* crappy firewalled
internet connection (actually, I'm behind 3 proxies:

Python NTLM Authenticating Proxy -> MS Proxy -> Squid -> Internet :)

> I'm hoping that we can keep php_curl_stream_opener as generic as
> possible for all the different protocols - I need your familiarity with
> the curl api here to help figure out what is best.

I'll take a look the best I can..  If you have any specific questions, ask
away...  Also, as daniel mentioned, the libcurl-dev mailing lists are a nice
place for this as well, if the question goes beyond my cURL knowledge.

-Sterling