No, I think the check we need here is one that checks to see if the
session specified in the user-supplied PHPSESSID exists.  If it does not
exist, toss that session id and replace it with a PHP-generated one.

Perhaps Sascha has some thoughts on these two session-related things I'd
like to see changed/fixed?  The second one being the implementation of
session_readonly() and the accompanying control of whether the gc uses
atime or mtime to gc sessions.

-Rasmus