maybe you should implement a "dynamic_sid" flag, which would make SID behave
in the following way

page.php?sid=sidvaluekey

after you would visit that page, you would get all url's in the page encoded
with

page.php?sid=newvaluekey

so basically, the SID value expires (or should i say "mutates") on each
pageload, this can be done with set-cookie or in url, either way, the only
problem still exists if people paste page.php?sid=newvaluekey before they
acctually visit it.

p.s. storing "IP/USERAGENT/whatnot" on the server, matching it with the SID
would probablly decrease the number of session hijackings, i just dont know
if that behaviour should be the default one. imo, letting the user change it
in php.ini would be more appropriate in case somebody see's a problem inside
this?

matching ip limits the number of session hijackings to atleast the same
network you are on (behind a fw/router which does nat), and the users who
use the same http proxy as you (in case you use one)

so its either expire/generate (rotate,morph,mutate) SID on each pageload, or
the more popular sollution... IP match