Hi,

I have started to write an audio api for PHP.

I have written a wrapper to ecasound which is a very powerful
audio processing library that runs on Linux and I believe several
other *NIX's. At the simple end it will play audio files in most
audio formats (wav, mp3, ogg-vorbis, AIFF etc) and convert files
between any supported formats.

At the higher end, ecasound can be used to create a full multi-track
recording/mixing system in just a few lines of code.

Ecasound currently has bindings for c, c++, perl and python so I
decided to address the balance to write PHP bindings. I currently
have this working and am testing it. It will then be possible to
write advanced audio applications in PHP with a Gtk interface.

My next stage will be to write higher level functions for simple
tasks such as playing an MP3 file, as, like most powerful libraries,
the ecasound interface can be cryptic at times.

Further on I plan to write midi functions once I find a suitable
library.

My question is, is there any interest in bundling an audio extension
with PHP. If not then I will run this on sourceforge as a separate
project, but if there is I will publish my proposed api to ensure that
it is compatible with the rest
of PHP.

Regards
Tony Leake