[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It would indeed more efficient, but PHP reparses and executes the
> auto_prepend/auto_append files every time a script is started.

Shucks ... I take it that you are familiar enough with the source so
that I can take this to be a pretty definitive answer?

If so ... maybe you can suggest something to me then?

I find myself including() the same constants.inc file in all my scripts,
is there a way to declare static constants that remain even when a
script exits? (I am using PHP as an Apache module).

If this is possible I can even see myself defining() some constants to
be chunks of static HTML that I am also often including() in pages ...

Thanks for the info!

Jc