On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:32:04 +0900
Jean-Christian Imbeault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > It would indeed more efficient, but PHP reparses and executes the
> > auto_prepend/auto_append files every time a script is started.
>
> Shucks ... I take it that you are familiar enough with the source so
> that I can take this to be a pretty definitive answer?

It is. You can just test it yourself by adding errors in the
prepend/append script ;-).

> If so ... maybe you can suggest something to me then?

If you need more than configuration stuffs (means constants or
variables only without any calculations/tests), using bytecodes caches
like zend, phppa, or others bytecodes cache tools. If you need only
constants/variable, use php_value in your php.ini/httpd.conf, or set an
environment variable.

hth

pa