Yasuo,

Implicit flush has nothing to do with the PHP-level output buffering
layers.  Implicit flush only means that the server-specific flush function
should be called whenever output is being written using the server-specific
output function.  As long as you're not calling the server-specific output
function (e.g., if you're using PHP's output buffering layers), implicit
flush has no meaning.

In other words - if you have implicit flush on, and turn output buffering
on, and print out something - this something will go to the output buffer,
and will NOT be flushed.  In no way should enabling implicit-flush change
the output of an application, it must not interfere with the programmable
output buffering layers of PHP.

That's the desired behavior, please make sure you did not deviate from it...

Thanks,

Zeev