> The aspect people complaining about is more a version thingie, e.g.
> they try to set up php 4.2.3 with apache 2.0.43 and this could not
> succeed. Is it really necessary to document that apache 2.03x works
> only with php 4.2.x1, php4.2.x2 and apache 2.04x only with php4.2y1
> or php4.2.y2? It should be clearly mentioned, that the support for
> apache2 isn't production stable ;-)

I think, it would be nice to add information to one place, the documentation
about Apache 2 support.

 1. It's not production ready
 2. If someone want to set it up, how to do it (Linux, Windows)
 3. What PHP versions work with what Apache 2 versions
 4. It should be noted, that Apache 1 support is continued ;)

> Also a point to consider is the name of the correct cgi executable
> for win: in 4.2.3 it's php.exe the cli-build names php-cli.exe.
> In the 4.3.0-dev the cli names php.exe and the cgi-version
> php-cgi.exe. I don't know why the names changed, maybe to confuse the
> people once more and to give some work for the doc-folks ;-)

Doh, it would be nice to stick to some final names ;)

NOTE: cca. 80% of the user notes on the Apache setup page deals with
Apache 2 installation. We should add verified info to the docs, and
delete those notes. There are many sites offering a php4apache2.dll
to download. These can harm our users, as they can contain any
vulnerable code, which our users download, just because there is no
official support/documentation for Apache...

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache.php

Please keep this in mind,
Goba