At 11:30 10/29/2002 +0100, Friedhelm Betz wrote:

>>I think, it would be nice to add information to one place, the documentation
>>about Apache 2 support.
>>
>> 1. It's not production ready

> Ah yes - but that will contradict greatly, to "the best version yet" marketing
> trick the Apache Group is advertising on their front page.
> We can mention it to users, in the bug db etc. But officially documenting, that
> Apache 2 is really a beta product, doesn't really express consistency, between
> the "family".

I thought it more from another point of view: the support for apache2
in php is not production stable ,e.g. the sapi in php :-)
That's exactly what is the perception. I can live with that, but it's not very
stimulating for the people that work on apachefilter.
Since the 'official' release, Apache has changed it's API breaking BC 2 times
already. How can extension developers work on improvement then?

Maybe this is due to the fact (?) that apache2 is still beta (I really
don't know)  but form the php-side point of view, php-versions are not
production stable in conjunction with apache2.
Maybe for windows it's the better version - I have no idea.
For unix it's far from that.

 As Derick said, I don't
think this will hurt someone of the apachegroup.
Fine with me - we all know better -;)

</MELVYN>

void wakeup() {
        for(unsigned int cuppajava;drink();cuppajava++);
}