Derick: pine can't handle uuencoded attachments :/

moshe: Your mua appears to be MS Outlook Express; you can avoid these
strange problems with attachments by setting it to send base64 encoded
MIME attachments instead of uuencoded "attachments".

As for the patch, can you explain in english what it actually does?
The hebrew text from your original post seems garbled to me (probably
another mua issue), and I couldn't make sense of the source either
(because I can't read hebrew).

--Wez.