>Regarding this proposal, what happens if the url being
>redirected to has an error?  Or if it's down for some
>reason, how can I still see my errors without bugging
>the sysadmin?  Also, will CLI and CGI be affected too?

This is still an issue (infinite loops regarding errors
On the error page)... I am trying to figure out a clean
Way of flagging that errors occuring on the error page
Should not be redirected but rather dumped as normal errors.

Input is most welcome for that issue... One thought that is to
Limit redirections to the same server and then compare PHP_SELF
To the relevant portion of the redirect URL:

Error_redirect_url = http://www.somewhere.com/error.php

Basically Before redirecting, make sure "/error.php" != $PHP_SELF

Other thoughts are most welcome on that.

As for CGI, the behavior for the redirection will work just
As with the module version of PHP. As for CLI, the assumption
Here is that error_redirect would be set to OFF (hence, standard
Error reporting would apply). That can be confirmed by adding
An additional check to disable error-redirects if it is a CLI
PHP within the code...

Cheers,
John