On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 21:53, Ivan Ristic wrote:
> Balazs Nagy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > $this stays defined when an instantatiated member function calls a
> > non-instantiated member function.
>
>    Correct. I actually find it quite interesting. :)
>    It can be useful at times, I have used it in my
>    libraries as a feature.
>
>    There is an interesting article on the subject:
>    http://www.advogato.org/article/470.html

Now, please tell me how can you decide whether the member function is
called as an object element (eg. $obj->func()) or as a class element
(eg. class::func()).

Basic functionality is killed with this so-called feature.  The right
way should be a call stack, with for example a $_STACK array, or through
stack functions (eg. this_object(), previous_object()).
--
jul