----- Original Message -----
From: "Sascha Schumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Andrey Hristov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Sessions, session_register()

> > Isn't that an error that 4.2.3 throws when session_register() is used as
> > well as
> > registering directly in $_SESSION?
>
>     I haven't worked with 4.2.3 in a long time, but at least I
>     don't remember any bug reports about it.
 Sorry, it's in 4.3.0 . I thought about this :

    php_error(E_WARNING, "Your script possibly relies on a session
side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the
session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data,
unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and
this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn.");

Andrey