> > > Isn't that an error that 4.2.3 throws when session_register() is used as
> > > well as
> > > registering directly in $_SESSION?

    So the message is not easily comprehensible, I suppose.

    There is no problem when you have register_globals enabled
    and you mix session_register and use of $_SESSION.

    The problem stems from the fact that some users have been
    (ab)using session_register when register_globals is off.
    session_register is only supposed to be used for the
    register_globals=on case.

    This was possible due to a defect in the module which has
    been addressed.  The warning is displayed, if the module
    notices that someone is (ab)using the old side-effect.

    - Sascha