Not to plug my own wares or anything, but you might want to look at
cryptopp-php, which works on both UNIX and Windows. See

http://www.tutorbuddy.com/software/

It works fine on both platforms and is compatible both ways -- ciphertext
created on one platform can be decrypted on another and vice versa et
cetera ad nauseum.

It's a somewhat bulky extension, but you can pare it down by disabling the
cipher algorithms and only use the ones you need. DES, SKIPJACK, Blowfish,
they're all supported. 30 or so block cipher and stream cipher algorithms
are supported, so there should be something there that's suitable.

The current version, 0.0.10 is somewhat unstable as it hasn't gone through
much testing. Version 0.0.8 is pretty stable. A new version, 0.0.11, might
get out before New Year's that has a couple of new functions to control
your source of random number generation (like choosing between a blocking
and non-blocking RNG on UNIX). It's pretty much done now, I just need to
get some time to test it on Windows.

Might be worth looking at to see if it suits your needs. I haven't submitted
it to PECL and probably won't for the forseeable future. Again, it works on
both UNIX and Windows, so it might be what you're looking for.