I think a lot more users will be pissed of when renaming php to php-cgi than
regarding to the cli-version of php as php-cli or phpsh or anything else.
The best solution would be indeed bundling both to one binary. If this
delays a 4.3.0-release? I don't give a damn about it! The idea "release
fast, release often" is completely ridiculous in my eyes.

If you would like to release 4.3.0 as soon as possible simply let php be php
(i talk about the cgi-version), mark cgi still as experimental and work on
the integration to one binary for 4.3.1 or 5.0.0.

Regards,
   Sebastian Nohn
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.nohn.net/
PGP Key Available - Did I help you? Consider a gift: