I hope you all had a joyous night last night and that it forms that
start of a great New Year!

Now, let's get our heads straight on what we are doing for 2003 :)

You may remember (especially if you read Derick's Look Back) that I said
something about building against ZE2 by default once we released PHP
4.3 [1].  I still think this is a good idea because it will force us to make
sure that things are working properly - those extensions that implement
classes and manipulate objects need the most attention.

Once we have stabilized the combination of 4.4 + ZE2, are there any
other *realistic* goals for PHP 5 to fit into slot no. 4 below?

Are there any reasons not to switch to ZE2 right away?

--Wez.

Roadmap:

1.  Switch to ZE2 by default
2.  Establish PECL CA authority and binary package/release process
    (particularly important for win32)
3.  Bundle PHP-Soap (and stop the "bleeding of PHP users")
3a. Collect underpants
4.  ?
5.  Profit

 [1] http://news.php.net/article.php?group=php.dev&article=87097